Monday, February 05, 2007

BEYOND MY WANTS

BEYOND MY
WANTS
(By: Tyararr J. Jones)
What would be my heart's response?
If I were to never recieve a desire of my heart or never have a want fulfilled the rest of my life.
What would be my response?
Would I be satisfied with what I have in Christ?
Would I be satisfied with where I am in Christ?
Would I be satisfied with who I am in Christ?
Have my wants become more important than my needs?
Do I serve the Lord only to have my wants fulfilled?
Have I realized that in God's eyes, my wants may not be what I need
And what I need is truly what He wants me to desire?
If God allowed us to function only on our wants,
Would there be enough things in our wants to test us, break us,
Mold us, challenge us, encourage us, and make us stronger in our faith?
As people, naturally we do not want to experience things that cause us to:
Suffer loss, make us cry, make us hurt, make us confront, make us see ourselves in a
True light, make us ask forgiveness, and make us truly depend on someone
Other than ourselves.
God's way is Perfect!
Is it hard to see the big picture when you are the one standing on painful ground?
Of course it is. Do we want to experience that broken relationship, that loss of
a parent, that loss of a job, that loss of good health, and that loss of our posessions?
Of course not!
But, am I truly asking God for what I need?
Ecclesiastes 7:14 says, "In the day of prosperity be happy, but in the day of
adversity consider --- God has made the one as well as the other. So that man will not discover anything that will be after him."
God is using both to draw us to him, not away from Him.
God is using both to makes us more like Him.
God is using both in ways we may not understand until we see Him face to face.
As you and I swallow these truths, Remember:
GOD'S WAY IS PERFECT!

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Amen and Amen! Thanks for the encouraging words T!

Anonymous said...

That really hits home...
Nice poem :)