Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I WILL CARRY MY CROSS(Easter)

I WILL CARRY MY
CROSS
By: Tyararr J. Jones
Mark 8:34 "Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me.
Though the mocking of my sudden stumblings adds sound to the remorse of my silent thoughts....I will carry my cross.
The journey I have been called to walk leaves me at times tired, weary, discouraged, and confused....I will carry my cross.
Confusion and regret fight for the grasp of my peace that lies hidden within
.....I will carry my cross.
I have at times been rejected, mocked, and ridiculed for who I am
......I will carry my cross.
My heart is weary due to the burdens that wish me to carry their load
....I will carry my cross.
Though peace of mind at times is hard to find
....I will carry my cross.
My heart has been tried, tested, broken, and mended beyond comprehension
....I will carry my cross.
Daily my enemy greets me firmly with the desire to pull me down and away from my Master....I will carry my cross.
Though I lose joy in doing that which I have been called to do
....I will carry my cross.
The world's temporary treasures daily knock at the door of my mind and heart
...I will carry my cross.
Contentment plays hide and seek with what I know is true and what is not
.....I will carry my cross.
When I long for the wearisome battle of spirit and flesh to end
....I will carry my cross.
When my future is unclear and I have no answers for my questions
....I will carry my cross.
Balance is hard to find in the task of duty and devotion
....I will carry my cross.
That which seeks to deter me from being the man I am striving to be laughs me to scorn....I will carry my cross.
When I no longer want to carry the cross that I have been given to bare....I remember my loving Savior who bore my sin and carried the Cross that I might have life.....Life abundantly in Him that I might carry the cross He has given me to bare.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your insightful words. You have no idea how much that helps me refocus on what really matters! Thanks for the renewed perspective--it was just what the Lord used to restore me today!

the johnson crew said...

thanks for that post, it was an encouragement to me.

God bless!

janelle

Traci said...

Happy Easter!!!!