Sunday, April 22, 2007

THE BRIDLING PLACE

THE BRIDLING PLACE
By: Tyararr J. Jones
Self-control, the silent mission of my soul,
Trying to remain focused on Him who made me whole.
The reins of my heart I have placed in His loving hand,
Stumbling in my daily steps, striving to obey His holy command.
Prone am I to wander from the promises that line my mind,
Robbed of my peace that at times is hard to find.
Searching for that place where I am restrained in mind and heart,
Bridled in my direction, and trying not to from God to depart.
What have I found in this place where I am still,
As I reflect in my thoughts and evaluate my will?
Day by day my flesh seeks to live and be set free,
Have its way in my life and pull me down to my knee.
Where is your bridling place, where your thoughts and actions are brought to light?
That place you are challenged and encouraged to stay the fight.
Thoughts come and go while emotions find their place,
How will you deal with today as you continue in life's race?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ommgg T you wrote those?
thats so deep lol i love them!!!
im proud of you kid lol.