Sunday, April 22, 2007

PRONE TO WANDER

PRONE TO WANDER
By: Tyararr J. Jones
O this narrow path I daily face as I set out on my way,
Not sure at times if I will run from this course or stay.
This world's treasures beckon me with no rest from its cry,
Should I give in to its choices, is it even worth to try?
Left to myself I will do wrong, and from right will depart,
But Christ is my Rock and the indweller of my heart.
Temptation lurks by my side as friend, though I know it is foe,
Driven to lead me to places I have not been and should not go.
Prone I am to wander as a sheep from its loving master,
Unaware that my choice is only leading me to disaster.
Set your truth O Lord anew upon the steps of my mind,
Keep me always close, may you never be hard to find.
May I be eternally driven as I embrace the Cross and your love,
Looking forward to that day, when I am finally with You above.

No comments: