Saturday, March 31, 2007

WHEN THE NIGHT IS NOT STILL

WHEN THE NIGHT IS
NOT STILL
By: Tyararr J. Jones
As I lay here in bed waiting to drift off to yonder,
My mind is not still as I upon burdends ponder.
Quiet conversation with God as I abound with things to say,
How thankful I am He is near when my heart opens to pray.
Thoughts of hope and expectations cast shadows upon my mind,
Answers to daily ponderings have been very hard to find.
Patience has held my hand, doubt has knocked confidently at my door,
How much longer shall I ignore him, I cannot take this anymore.
As darkness takes its sleep, time continues to take its flight,
Lord calm the rustling of my heart so I may sleep soundly through the night.
O the silent burdens that greet me with readiness and open hand,
Showing me the negative and what from me they demand.
Sweet thoughts of joy find their place in my expression,
Reminded of God's promises that are held in my posession.
Much has been accomplished as I drift off now to sleep,
Resting in my Savior, Who my mind and heart will keep.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey T ... I just have to say I really enjoy your blog and always find something here to either challenge me in my faith or encourage me in my daily walk. Thanks for sharing!