Sunday, March 25, 2007

IMPRINTS OF JOY

IMPRINTS OF
JOY
By: Tyararr J. Jones
It seems like yesterday that my heart first smiled upon your presence.
That smile has not faded, for the memories of joy with you are rehearsed daily
in the solitude of my heart.
What has become of the happiness that we shared in fellowship?
How have these walls made us distant strangers, though my heart has kept you closer than my very breath?
Your smile has become clouded with expressions of searching and frustration.
My heart struggles with what was and what is now our present circumstance.
My heart still longs for your fellowship though my mouth remains silent.
The pleasure of giving to you has been halted by your lack of understanding of who I am.
I expect nothing back from you. I only wish to do what has become a pleasure of my heart; that is giving to you.
It seems like yesterday that my heart first smiled upon your presence.
That smile has not faded, for the memories of the beauty of who you are has left me a man who is forever changed.
Though our fellowship may never embrace again, though I never bring a smile to your face again; You are forever an imprint of joy upon my heart and mind.

No comments: