Monday, March 12, 2007

THESE STEPS OF MINE

THESE STEPS OF
MINE
By:Tyararr J. Jones
She has led me down a path I have tread before,
With great hesitation I find myself knocking at her door.
Memories of our pleasant meetings rehearse as pictures of refreshment,
Remembrances of her smile leave me with a joyful state of contentment.
The beauty of her face has left a fragrance I cannot shake,
She daily meets me in heart and mind when I early wake.
She has led me down a path I have tread before,
I long for her sweet fellowship today and ever more.
Why do I respond to the beckoning of her silent voice,
It caresses my pursuing ears and urges my heart to make its choice.
Shall I succumb again to this longing that dwells within my heart,
Trying to maintain this peace of mind before we silently depart?
Release me my distant friend to whom I daily give,
Recieve the love of which I offer that I may joyfully give.
These steps of mine that I take that knock here at your door,
Have been imprinted with the reminder, that you are the one that I most willingly adore.

No comments: