Sunday, December 03, 2006

THINGS PLEASANT

THINGS PLEASANT
By: Tyararr J. Jones
There is a familiar cloud that settles over me today.
My emotions stir as I awake to my frequent enemy.
He does not tire of the constant battle that we partake in daily.
Should I lower my defense, for in and of myself I am weak.
Relief seems so far from the beckoning of my soul.
My desire of my wants struggles to stay submissive to my needs.
Was today worth getting up when defeat seems only a few steps away?
Silence! I stop and kneel under the pressure of the thoughts of battle.
Yes Lord, I remember who You are and what You have done for me.
I am awake this morning because of you God.
I have the things I have because of you God.
I can press on today because of you God.
Though I may face defeat today, I have victory in you God.
Though I am weak, I have strength in you God.
Though I have messed up, I have forgiveness from you God.
Though my life at times may seem dark and unsure, my hope is in you God.
When I think of things most plesant, I think of you God.

No comments: