Sunday, December 10, 2006

CAPTIVATED BY YOU ...

CAPTIVATED
BY
YOU......
(By: Tyararr J. Jones)
My eyes and my heart are caught in the gaze of an unexpected treasure.
You came unannounced with sweetness and beauty like the beginning of a plesant, refreshing day.
Each day I seek to push you away from the emotions of my heart.
I try to look at you in a way that draws me not to you, and allows me to remain at bay in my heart.
Failure greets me daily as I seek to carry out these actions.
When I am with you, my fear turns to confidence.
The boy in me strives to be the man I should be.
My heart no longer wants to remain at bay.
It desires instead to follow along with you on life's journey.
The waters of my heart's emotions are stirred daily by thoughts of you.
My fears and uncertainties of being with you are now particles of dust under my steps of faith.
You have my focus and my heart.
It is not a right to enjoy the thought and presence of you, but a privilege.
You are a gift given by God that has me captivated.
You are a refreshing thought in my mind.
You are a stirring of my heart.
You are a treasure of my seeking.
You are a jewel God has placed along my journey as I seek to follow Him faithfully.

6 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

This is an amazing poem! you are very gifted! i got your blog through your comment on Katie Barker's site. I believe we all went to Northland at a time.

Kelly Glupker said...

How beautiful!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Wow! Nice poem. Who inspired it?

the johnson crew said...

yeah, who inspired it?

Kelly Glupker said...

For the record, I'm curious too. :)

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Sorry I opened that can of worms...