Thursday, November 23, 2006

HIS NAME IS JESUS

HIS NAME IS
JESUS
By: Tyararr J. Jones
Do you know Him, this man of whom I humbly speak?
He meets the needs of the strong, the rich, the poor and the weak.
I was a lover of many men when I met Him at the well,
He forgave my wicked sin and saved me from a greedy hell.
His voice I heard before my eyes could vastly see,
Not knowing at first whom it was that stood in front of me.
Lame since birth lying here in everybody's dust,
The day I walked, I gave to Him my trust.
A leper among men, a stranger to my family and land,
He cleansed me of my filth and led me by the hand.
A victor over a giant when I was just a lad,
He made me a king, gave me more than I ever had.
A persecutor and bystander was I when Stephen was laid to rest,
He changed my name to Paul and I think you know the rest.
I needed to see His hands and feet to believe He fulfilled His promise,
The man who died upon the cross, for me Doubting Thomas.
At the bottom of the ship He slept, as the sea tossed and roared,
He calmly awoke and spoke a word, the waves bowed to Him as Lord.
Possessed I was by demons, my actions I could not control,
He spoke to them with authority to release their binding of my soul.
I am just a sinner saved by His marvellous grace,
What a day that will be when I see his blessed face....
....His name is Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi TT, hope you're doing alright in FL. miss you bunches and bunches. come see me soon - love jimmy-poo

Anonymous said...

T
hey buddy enjoy the blog!It was great seeing you at thanksgiving!Iam praying for you and thanks for making youre thoughts public they are a blessing!
Bry

Kelly Glupker said...

Do you remember the days when I used to read your books while I sat at the information desk? I enjoy your writing very much! Thanks for sharing.