Wednesday, November 15, 2006

THROUGH THE EYES OF A SOLDIER

THROUGH THE EYES
OF A SOLDIER
By: Tyararr J. Jones
I have encountered my enemy on more ocassions than I have taken a breath. He has followed me on countless fields whether home or foreign. He has appeared in many forms, which at times has caught me unguarded and unprepared. His tactics are highly skilled and desperately wicked. I have been wounded many times outwardly and inwardly. The scars from our vicious battles remind me of my losses and my victories. I have experienced the mountaintop of victory, as well as the hiding and preparation of the valley and in the trenches.
At these times my desire to fight was tested. Why don't I just give in to this enemy who shows no sign of retreat? I grow weary at times during the constant battling and ever so present commands from my leader. The offense of my enemy is fierce and deceptive. The offense and defense of my leader is unmovable and strong. How I use and carry out my leader's instruction determines my outcome for that day of battle. I find confidence in the immutability of my leader whether I fail or succeed. He is unlike any leader I have ever had.
He fights by my side on the field.He lies with me in my trenches. He kneels with me when I am weary and lose sight of the hope that is ever so present. He comforts me when I miss my family. He fills the void when I am alone. he carries me when I stumble. Today, I find myself facing my familiar foe. I am confident not in myself, but in the One that leads me. I am alert today and focused. I am not afraid of the outcome, because my leader and commander is in complete control. I stand not only as a soldier, but as a humble servant, a warrior in a war that has already been won.
May I press on with joy in whom I am led by. May I follow through with my responsibilities with DILIGENCE, DEVOTION, DISCIPLINE, AND DISCERNMENT.

No comments: