Friday, April 14, 2006

PRELUDE TO EASTER # 5

THE RISEN LORD
Today a man named Jesus died upon this hill,
For a moment there was silence, my heart stood very still.
There were those that wept as He hung there on the tree,
Not knowing the significance, where they stodd was Calvary.
A common man named Joseph asked for the body of this man,
Not knowing what he was doing was part of the Master's plan.
He lay the body in a tomb covered by a stone,
Guarded by Roman soldiers where it was to be left alone.
The memories of yesterday are still fresh upon my mind,
Asking questions of the injustice, answers are hard to find.
The cross still stands firmly on the hill were Jesus died,
In my mind echoes the chant, to Him be crucified.
There is a silence in the air unlike that of yesterday,
To describe the contrast clearly, well it is hard to say.
Before Jesus died He promised He would rise from the grave,
His desire was to seek the lost that they might be saved.
Today I heard men talking, they were so full of pride,
They were still mocking Jesus who was crucified.
The anger grew within me, I didn't know what to say,
Dropping to my knees, I humbly began to pray.
Father please forgive me I know you're in control,
Forigve these men their foolishness, please save their souls.
It is now night, as I lay here in my bed,
Fearing the future of those men today after they are dead.
This morning I took a walk to the tomb where Jesus lay,
A delight to my eyes, the stone was rolled away.
The two soldiers were out cold lying on the ground,
An angel stood on the tomb proclaiming with joyful sound.
Jesus Christ is risen, He is no longer here,
Go and tell others, spread forth this joyful cheer.
The sting of death is stingless, the grave could not hold the King,
Sin's shackles have been broken, listen to the angels sing!!!

4 comments:

Tyararr J. Jones said...

Hey Tory, great to hear from you man. Hope and pray that all is well with you. Stay faithful my friend and have a wonderful day in the Lord!

Wentzel Weekly said...

HI! Tyararr! Wow, how cool it was for me today to run across your blog! I am so glad you are doing well, and still writing!!! That is great! My husband just started a blog for us, so not much is there yet. Stay in touch!

Alyssa Wentzel (Phillips)

Wentzel Weekly said...

Hey! Tyararr! I just ran across your blog accidentally...but how cool! I am so glad to see you are stil writing and doing well! My husband just started a blog for us, so not much there yet! Stay in touch!

Alyssa Wentzel (Phillips)

Wentzel Weekly said...

O.K., you can tell I am new at this! I didn't think my first comment worked, so I wrote another a minute later! Duh, get with it :)! I'll get it all figured out soon, I hope!
Alyssa