Wednesday, April 12, 2006

PRELUDE TO EASTER # 3

EVIDENCE OF HIS
HAND.....
His touch is strong but loving. His hand is most powerful, but tender and comforting as a father to his child. His hand has moved mountains. He has also mended broken hearts. His hand has chastend, but has also encouraged. He leads me as a shepherd his flock with his staff. When I am in the valley He lifts me up to the mountaintop. When I fall in puddles of sin, He picks me up and sets me back on my feet. When I could not pay the debt of my sin, His hands suffered in the cruelty of the cost my my debt.
Can you see the evidence of his Hand? Look closer beyond the barriers of yourself and see His hand lead you through the storm. When you just missed the drunk driver while your family was fast asleep; did you see His hand? When your best friend after twenty three years gets saved; did you see His hand? Did you see His hand when your friend was diagnosed with that fatal disease? Did you see His hand when He took a love one to be with Him? If not, maybe you have not felt the grip of His Grace from His comforting hand that is constantly there.
When you can't see the positive, look for His hand. When you feel like you cannot hang on, reach for His hand. When your spirit is broken, feel the mending of His hand. When you feel hate and spite, experience the love and peace of His hand. When you don't know what to do, trust in the leading of His hand. When you question why you live for Him; remember the scars in His hands.
"For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" (I Peter 3:17-18)

No comments: