Tuesday, April 11, 2006

PRELUDE TO EASTER #2

THE CROSS
Searching for an anchor, grasping for a hold,
Trying to walk the path of life ever so bold.
The more I drift from this path, I am very quick to find,
God is the only one who gives me peace of mind.
When I am discouraged there is a place that I draw near,
It brings joy to my face a smile and to my heart a joyful cheer.
The shadow of this place is something I have never seen,
It brings soberness to your mind when you truly know what it means.
Where do I draw near when I suffer loss?,
It is a special place that I call the Cross.
The cross is a symbol of grace and of love,
A precious act of compassion from my loving Father above.
When I grow weary and find God's voice hard to hear,
I know a special place that I can always draw near.

No comments: