Monday, April 10, 2006

PRELUDE TO EASTER #1

THE SHADOW OF THE
CROSS
As I travel this road of Christianity, what is it that keeps me going? No, the road is not always smooth. Storms of strain rain down on me. Winds of discontentment overtake me. I look at the shadow of the cross. I have seen joy and I have seen sadness; both at their highest peaks. I am reminded of the shadow of the cross. I have seen life fulfilled to its fullest. I have seen death rob others of their joy. I face the shadow of the cross. The Lord has given me more than I deserve. He has also taken away for my own good. I go forth by faith, Sometimes questioning why I do what I do. Yes, I remember the shadow of the cross. Where would I be without Christ? What if I did not have trials? Would I see my need for Christ? The corruptedness of this world at times is hard to bare. Why do I have to struggle with sin daily? I find strength when I think about the shadow of the cross. This road I travel I wish at times would end. I must go forward faithfully, and when weary; rest in the shadow of the cross. I know there is an end to this road I travel. I must focus on the One who is at the end of this road waiting for me.
What is the Shadow of the Cross? Why does it bring me joy? I'll tell you why. The cross of Calvary is bare. The One who once hung on it was my Lord Jesus Christ. That glorious day my Lord by the power of God defeated sin and conquered death. That is why I smile. That is why I keep going forth day by day trusting my Lord. The shadow which the Cross of Calvary shows is a picture that Christ is risen. It is a symbol to me of what my Saviour did for me and what He continues to do for me each day. He is not dead!!! He is alive!!

No comments: