Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Quick Morning Thought

"It is an unchangeable law of God that those who are content with anything less than what they know to be right in the sight of God will sooner or later come to ruin."
As I ponder that thought this morning, I am intrigued by the persistence of my enemy that meets me the second I open my eyes. He calls me friend and walks with me wherever I go. Day by Day, moment by moment he is there providing counsel in all the decisions I have to make each day. You may know my enemy, his name is "Flesh". I know, it is a strange name, but a name he has had for a very very long time. I must say that none of his counsel has been wise or helpful in any way. Of course I must say that I have chosen his counsel at times as I am sure you have to. He likes to prod in the area of the battle between what I am content in doing what is right and what I know to be wrong.
Today as I carry on about my daily business, I go forth by faith in my Lord Jesus Christ who is also always with me. I pray that as you go forth today that you will remember to grow a deaf ear to our enemy "Flesh". Remember that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied with what He has given us, how He has made us, where He has put us, and what He is going to do with us. So though our battle with the "Flesh" may continue day by day. God has already won the war! Go on with faith and strive for those things that have an eternal sustenance. That is where contentment is found....In Christ!
"Philippians 4:6-8"
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoevr things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No comments: