Sunday, January 01, 2006

THE NEW YEAR IS HERE -2006

My mind and heart is caught in a trance as I reflect on the many blessings and challenges that crossed my path in 2005. As I reevaluate myself, I see the scars from the mistakes I made and from the challenges that sought to refine me beyond my comprehension. The canvas of my life was speckled with numerous expreriences and situations that taught me lessons which at times I did not want to learn. I still find myself in the classroom of patience waiting for direction. I am encouraged that this class of learning is not graded by a scale but is a process of daily living.
I do not know what this year holds for me. I do know who holds the future. My God is still in control. I dedicate this post to my God and King. I only hope and pray that I can be more faithful to Him this year than last. My walk with Him has been quite adventurous. I have not always followed Him closely. The stones of doubt, pride, stubborness, loneliness, etc. were the familiar hurdles that sought to trip me along my journey. I press on into this New Year with a refreshed spirit and a divine motivation. May my mind and heart be constantly clouded with Job's question as he suffered through the trial of his life: "Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?"(Job 2:10)
The reigning thought that I cannot keep to myself that lifts me to the rock that is higher than I is this: Though my family change, my friends change, my circumstances change,
and though I change....God and God's love for me never changes!!! I pray that that thought and promise will encourage you to walk faithfully with our God, no matter what you may endure in this New Year. I would like to leave you with my favorite verses that I cherish deeply through the blessings and challenges of my life.

Jeremiah 32:27 - Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for Me?

I Thessalonians 5:24 - Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it.

Philippians 1:21 - For to me to live is CHRIST and to die is gain.

I Samuel 12:24 - Only fear the LORD, and serve Him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things He hath done for you.

No comments: