Thursday, January 12, 2006

HIS NAME IS JESUS

His Name Is Jesus
Do you know Him, this man of whom I humbly speak,
He meets the needs of the strong, the rich, the poor and the weak?
I was a lover of many men when I met Him at the well,
He forgave my wicked sin and saved me from a greedy hell.
His voice I heard, before my eyes could vastly see,
Not knowing at first who it was that stood in front of me.
Lame since birth lying here in everyone's dust,
The day I walked, I gave to Him my trust.
A leper among men, a stranger to my family and land,
He cleansed me of my filth and led me by the hand.
A victor over a giant when I was just a lad,
He made me a king, gave me more than I ever had.
A persecutor and bystander was I when Stephen was laid to rest,
He changed my name to Paul and I think you know the rest.
I needed to see His hands and feet to believe that He fulfilled His promise,
The man who died upon the cross, even for me, doubting Thomas.
At the bottom of the ship He slept as the sea tossed and roared,
He calmly awoke and spoke a word, the waves bowed to Him as Lord.
Possessed I was by demons, my actions I could not control,
He spoke to them with authority to release their binding of my soul.
I am just a sinner saved by His marvellous grace,
What a day that will be when I see His blessed face
....His name is Jesus.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

First of all I will have to say NOT to check out the singles website!! LOL
Secondly, even though I don't post that often, I wanted you to know that someone IS reading your blog! :) Thanks for letting us all read your writing. It's a neat gift the Lord was given you!
Check out my blog for a pic of the baby! www.shylasplace.blogspot.com