Wednesday, January 18, 2006

THE DIFFERENCE .......

THE DIFFERENCE
(AUTHOR UNKNOWN)
I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day,
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me,
And heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty,
But the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, " But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock,
God gently and lovingly chided,
"My child, you didn't knock."
I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day,
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Today, may you be driven with a fresh new pursuit to know God, seek God, talk to God, love God, be used of God, tell others about God, include God, think of God, trust God, depend on God, serve God.......to do this, it will take you putting aside what you think is your time and giving God all your time.
ECCLESIASTES 3: 1,11,14
There is an appointed time for everything, and there is a time for every event under heaven--He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. I know that everything God does will remain forever; there is nothing to add to it and there is nothing to take from it, for God has so worked that men should fear Him.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Tyararr,

What an awesome reminder your blog was to me this morning. Don't know if you remember me or not. I went to NBBC with Shyla. Anyway, just came across your blog and thought I would say Hello!!

Have a great day!
Heather

Unknown said...

T,

Hey stranger! This is Alicia Horn - formerly Mendez. I married your old poker playing buddy Matt.

Thanks for the thoughts! Now that I'm the mommy of an infant it is even harder to take time for God. I am often rebuked by how busy I am doing things all day. Thank you for the reminder of that which is truly important.

Keep in touch - visit our blog or email.

Alicia
aliciahorn@hotmail.com

christina said...

T -
It's been a very long time since you have heard from me, but I stumbled across your blog today and just had to leave a comment to say hi. I hope that everything is going well for you, ME - I am doing great with my family.

later man
Nate Hairgrove