Sunday, July 08, 2007

IF IT WERE TODAY...

THIS LAST BREATH
I TAKE
By: Tyararr J. Jones
From the grasp of the present, I slowly fade between the here and now to yesterday's shadows.
I drift away with no regrets but expectations beyond my comprehension.
That which I owned; I frantically give with no remorse.
That which I have experienced, I remember with emotions of diversity.
Release me, O death, to the life which awaits me beyond the borders of this realm.
You cannot hold me, for I am a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven.
I welcome your presence for I long to rid myself of this inner battle that beckons me daily.
I pant not for my last breath in this temporal vessel I dwell.
It is refreshing to find myself at the end of this journey.
Hunger for what is and what is to come is quenched by the fulfillment of standing in the presence of my God and King.
This last breath I take is not focused on what I leave behind, but on what lies ahead.
Do not grieve, but rejoice in this celebration on a new step in my journey.
We shall again meet where joy is savoured on every tongue and heartache is foreign.
Press on with joyful contemplation of what is to come.
This last breath I take is ......

1 comment:

The Lady of the Holler said...

You're kinda scaring me, T ... I hope this isn't a "last will and testament"! Stacia