Sunday, January 07, 2007

REJECTED

REJECTED
(By: Tyararr J. Jones)
Where did I falter in my ponderings of this choice?
Each step was made in prayer and patience of mind and heart.
My heart was stedfast against my emotions, seeking not to lose control.
Desires were laid to rest that my will not be sought after.
The door was unlocked to my chambers of compassion that I sought to give.
Was this path chosen in ignorance by my illusion to the one I cherished?
Have I wasted my time in this temporary friendship?
The pursuit of patience continues for the search of that one who defines love and true friendship as I do.
The void sets in as the wave of loss creeps itself in.
My perspective of beauty, compassion, sweetness, and sensitivity has not changed.
The person in whom I see these things may.
My eyes are open, but my heart remains at bay seeking to be stirred by the one who sees me and accepts me for who I am.
Lord, reveal to me again your picture of a true close friend and one that loves back.

2 comments:

Courtney Hoffman said...

T,
you have always been such an example. I think you are wise to ask God "why?" in the process of life. He answers clearly and directly.
We miss you!

Tyararr J. Jones said...

Hey Courtney, thanks for your encouragement. It is good to hear from you. I miss all of you as well.