Sunday, January 14, 2007

CHANGING FACES

CHANGING FACES
(By: Tyararr J. Jones)
The canvas of my life's portrait has been blanketed with the imprint of many people.
You, O God are the Creator of this work that that you continually paint.
Friend and stranger have shadowed the path of my journey quite often.
The encounter of both have brought me: joy, pain, encouragement, confusion, wisdom, ridicule, excitement, nausea, expectation, and heartbreak.
Each person is a piece of God's handiwork to aid in my molding, breaking, pruning, and turning me into the person I should be.
The hard part at times is accepting those I call friends as tools that will cause me pain.
Should I avoid pain as my fearless predator?
My proper response to it is only going to make me stronger.
True friends sharpen.
Imitators of friends only drain you and never give back.
I must understand that the faces of life will continually change on my journey; but
My God in Heaven will not.
God and God's love for me does not change.
Therefore, I will rest in His love that does not change.
I will trust in His promises that do not change.
I will delight in His presence that is always near.
I will commit to this path He has chosen for me.
I will glory in the Cross, for its power never changes.
As the faces on my life's canvas continually change, may I faithfully keep
My trust in God and His handiwork.
For God and His way is PERFECT!!

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

His way is Perfect. Love that!!