Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Not Home Yet !!

Tired and strained but not wilted beyond measure,
Sight of home is still in view of my eyes as well as my heart.
Conflicted by powers that I cannot vastly see,
Trying to withhold me from the journey of which I long to finish.
Lost in the pain of constant temptations and trials,
They tease me and show me how uninvincible I am.
The fierce challenges I face see me not as a nemesis but a prey,
By God's strength may I stand undaunted through the raging storms of time.
A patriot for a cause I truly do not comprehend,
Longing for an end to this journey of which I cannot control.
My resting place is a destination I do not deserve,
Its treasures are beyond my comprehension.
HEAVEN!!!
Food For Thought:
To the faint at heart, find your strength today in our Sovereign God. Whether you are serving our Saviour on foreign ground or here at home; do not lose heart. If you are tired of fighting the constant battle between the flesh and the spirit, stand your ground. We have already won the war. For now, we must face these daily battles against a foe whose end is nothing compared to the beginning we have to look forward to in eternity. When you find yourself beaten, confused, famished, weakened, discouraged, and at your wits end; remember that our time here is nothing compared to what we have to look forward to in eternity. We are not just strangers in this foreign land of sin. We are heaven bound sinners saved by grace, serving an EXTRAORDINARY GOD!

No comments: