Tuesday, May 20, 2008

THE WAITING

THE WAITING
By: Jones/Piccirillo
Here I humbly stand O God while kneeling deep within my heart,
Longing to know you more that I might not from your drift apart.
For when I call, you're always there no matter what my trouble,
Crying out your name, I come running toward you on the double.
Footsetps of apathy beckon me by name as I seek to follow your way,
Help me God to hold my ground, help me to quickly find my stay.
As I talk to you, O God I feel you draw me near,
When I pour my heart out to you, I fully am sincere.
Guide me in this waiting so that patient I may be,
Pushing me forward with grace though I may walk reluctantly.
Treasures of countless thoughts beckon the invitation of your will to my heart,
Help me to maintain my view of how truly great thou art!
Keep me close to you O God with every passing day,
I don't want the life you gave me to quickly pass away.
Help me not to lose my focus, you are the one thing that is true,
The things of this life will soon be gone so keep my heart set on you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your poetry simple thoughts that God has put on your heart. I am not good when it to words (or I feel my words are inadequate) however when reading your poetry I can say, "Lord, that is exactly how I feel in my walk with you." Christians put on a face saying everything is fine and on the inside they are tormented. I just want to say thank you for being honest Christianity is not a walk in the park and it is nice to know we all struggle. I hope you will continue in writing more poetry.