Wednesday, September 26, 2007

LIFE'S REFLECTION

LIFE'S REFLECTION
By: Tyararr J. Jones
The pool of water is still as I kneel to take a glance,
Hesitant to what I might see and the probability of chance.
The waters are quickly stirred revealing the steps of my past,
I quickly turn away hoping those ripples do not last.
Slowly I begin to stand so I may briefly take another look,
Unveiled before me is my life as if an open book.
I spoke to the pool, begging it to stop this interjection,
It responded with boldness that this was my life's reflection.
Why should I fear what is a reflection of my present self,
The revealing of choices I have placed on life's shelf?
A pool's mirror does not lie but reveals what is true,
The person that you are and the things that you do.
Consequence greets me hand in hand with a painted grin,
I respond that I am not the boy that I was way back then.
May I be transparent and free to clearly show,
I am a diligent pursuer of wisdom and the things I do not know.
From past to present, to future to day,
May I be true to follow through with who I am and what I say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one... in case you were wondering... which I know you were :)
~piccirillo~