Wednesday, October 17, 2007

THE CHANGE

THE CHANGE
By: Tyararr J. Jones
From setting sun to passing day I again glance at my reflection,
Pondering at my choices that have been a part of my selection.
Shaping, molding, and stretching, meet me each day with painted grin,
Reminding me of past trials and the places I have been.
From settled dust to breath of life, created to follow His plan,
Looking beyond my accomplishments to see that I am just a man.
Numerous steps along this journey and people God has placed,
Guiding me along through the many obstacles that I have humbly faced.
Resting in my Potter's hands that daily place me on the table,
Pushing me beyond the limits of which I think that I am able.
The pain in this effort though at times is hard to bare,
Comforted by the thought that I am in my Saviour's care.
Changing, though the same, in my pursuit for what is good,
Striving daily to live right and do the things I should.
This shell which I indwell is decaying each day that I exist,
My heart enduring the change, seeking the Lord I daily persist.
Appreciating the restrain of which I daily endure,
Grasping for the change as God continues to make me pure.

No comments: