Sunday, September 02, 2007

LIVE FOR TODAY....INVEST FOR ETERNITY

LIVE FOR TODAY....INVEST FOR ETERNITY
By: Tyararr J. Jones
Today, in this polluted world in which I live, I again question the man that stares at me in the mirror. Quietly in my thoughts I respond to the beckoning voices of obstacles and surrender. My flesh wars against the things I should do that I do not and the things which I do, which I should not. The pursuit to live today for the complete fulfillment of experiencing the joy of Christ conflicts with wanting to live for self. May my pride and selfishness remain at bay at the cost of reflecting a true picture of humility. A day used to live for self is not a beneficial investment but a waste to the time I have which is fleeting. The things I do, I do not for the applause for some simple recognition. For there is only one who truly understands the man and the motive behind what I do. This temporary vessel in which I indwell is futile in comparison to the true purpose in which has been bestowed upon me. Eternity awaits me with open arms in relief to this burden of daily conflict.
Ignorance surrounds me and tests the patience which I have learned. I focus daily to show the love of Christ when my flesh wants to for that moment release itself from its restraint. May I press on in full pursuit to serve my Lord, to know my Lord, and to reflect the Lord each day with the anticipation of seeing His face. Lord, May I live for today with the attitude of an eternal investment.

No comments: