Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WHAT MASK SHALL I WEAR TODAY?.....OR SHALL I BE REAL?

WHAT MASK SHALL I WEAR TODAY? .........
OR SHALL I BE REAL?
What mask shall I wear as I venture out into my day,
The attitude that matches and the role I shall play?
As I stared into the mirror this morning, O what did I see,
Am I ready to be REAL with a perspective based on eternity?
Was I pleased by the reflection revealed to me by God's Word,
Am I ready to go forth to battle like a soldier with his sword?
Do I tear down the facades that keep me from being real,
Are do I seek to maintain an image that is comfortable to others' appeal?
O this daily fight to be real before my friends and foe,
Will they except me as I am, I don't know.
The past masks in my closet mock me as a pretender,
O the prideful facades I must daily surrender.
Today, I go forth as who I am focused and real,
May God quickly correct me and my other masks reveal.
Today, I shall be real and crush the masks which I wish to wear,
For I must be real, I have a name to bare.
That name is Jesus Christ, my Saviour and Friend,
It is He today upon whom I must depend.
So if you are wearing a mask please remove it from your face,
Walk forth today in victory and bow before the throne of Grace.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

Nice blog update T!
Way to keep us on our toes! :)
Your post was appropriate for Bible Study with the teens on wednesday!