Friday, September 16, 2005

LET GO AND LET GOD

Stretching forth with passion holding on to the reins of life,
Fighting for a strong grasp, while clouded with toil and strife.
We carry on with burdens enduring the pain,
Neglecting that God is the only one who can make it refrain.
Holding on to our ground claiming what is thine,
Forgetting who is in control most Holy and Divine.
Our grip is growing weak and our heart quite faint,
Precious in His sight are His needy discouraged saints.
Pulled in two directions for what is right or what is wrong,
Our eyes have lost their focus, our mouth has no song.
When will we let go of the reins of our pride,
Humble ourselves before God who is our Strength and Guide.
We must let go and let God have His way,
For in God we have hope for now and everyday.

Food for Thought:
What is it in our life that we see as so important that we are unwilling to let go of it and let God have control of it? What is it in our life that we are grasping onto so tightly that it is keeping us from having a closer walk with the Lord? What person, trial, past circumstance, sin, or wound from a friend are you holding onto that you need to let go of? Let God have it so you can begin to live free?

Psalm 26:1-2
Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

HEY T!
HERE'S MY BLOG IF YOU WANNA TAKE A LOOK (JUST CLICK ON MY FACE! :)
WE'RE PRAYING FOR YOU!
LOVE,
SHY